Pre-Apprentice Lineworker Program
Calhoun Community College's Pre-Apprentice Linework Program was structured with input from the Tennessee Valley Public Power Association (TVPPA) Apprentice program, regional and statewide utilities, cooperatives, and electric contractors, along with best practices from other lineworker training programs. This program is offered regionally and is based on industry need and demand.
- 280 contact hours of training, 7 weeks, 40 hours per week
- Assessments: ACT WorkKeys/Career Readiness Certificate
- Soft Skills Training: Work Ethics, Positive Image, Effective Communications, Team Work, Problem Solving, & Embracing Change
- Technical Training: Lineworker Fitness, Electrical Fundamentals, Ratios & Proportions, AC Theory, Lineworker Tools, Measurements, Hardware, Basic Arithmetic/Math, Transformation/Voltage Ratios/Theory
- Certifications: OSHA 10-hour, First Aid/CPR Certification, Commercial Driver's License,
- Cost: The fee for the 7-week program is $3750.
- If you think you are eligible for state funding through WIA or Youth Programs, you should visit your local Alabama Career Center.
- DOT Physical/Drug Screen and MVR (driving record) required for admission
- Students must bring Valid Driver's License and Social Security Card the first day of class
Course Code: TBI 858
Start Date: September 22, 2014
Times: 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday
Location: Decatur Campus, Aerospace Training Center
Please note that registration is not complete until payment is received.
To register, call Brent Jacobs at (256) 306-2664 or email at email@example.com
"The Lineworker Training is an approved WIA training program"