Cisco offers three levels of general certification representing increasing levels of expertise: Associate, Professional, and Expert (CCIE). Different tracks across these levels align with varying career needs. A variety of Specialist certifications are available as well to show knowledge in specific technologies, solutions or job roles.
- Associate. The first step in Cisco networking begins at the Associate level. Think of this as the apprentice or foundation level of networking certification.
- Professional. This is the advanced or journeyman level of certification.
- Expert. This is CCIE, the highest level of achievement for network professionals, certifying an individual as an expert or master.
- Routing and Switching: This path is for professionals who install and support Cisco technology-based networks in which LAN and WAN routers and switches reside.
- Design: This path is aimed at professionals who design Cisco technology-based networks in which LAN and WAN routers and switches reside.