CompTIA Security+ Certification - 7 Week Course (includes Book & Voucher)
The CompTIA Security+ certification designates knowledgeable professionals in the field of security, one of the fastest-growing fields in IT. Security threats are increasing in number and severity, and the gap between the need for security professionals and qualified IT professionals the largest of any IT specialty, according to a 2008 CompTIA study. Even in a troubled economy, most businesses plan to maintain or increase their investment in security. To earn the Security+ Certification you must pass one exam listed below:
The CompTIA Security+ course delivered at Calhoun is listed in the table below. If you are new to the industry Calhoun recommends the CompTIA A+ and Networks + Certification curriculum as a pre-requisite. This will provide the hardware and operating system fundamentals needed for your care
Is this course right for you?
This course is intended for students with at least two years of networking experience and possess a thorough knowledge of TCP/IP. Relevant job titles include:
- Network Administrator
- Security Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Data Architect
- E-Commerce Specialist
- Network Specialist
We take care of all logistics for you, so you can concentrate on learning, acquiring skills and getting certified. We provide instructors, books, computer equipment and software in a comfortable learning environment for most training
- Instructor-led Training -- Learn from expert instructors who are themselves certified and have years of experience in the real world as well as in teaching. A large majority of our instructors are part-time consultants and provide solutions to a wide variety of companies.
- High Quality Courseware -- Learn using courseware. In addition you will get pre-study material when you sign up, so you are well prepared for the course.
- Test Vouchers -- test voucher for no additional cost.
- Certification -- We are confident of the quality
- The best test preparation software -- Software from leading test-prep provider is included
- Skills Assessment
- Convenient evening classes training and Day Classes -- Includes lectures, hands on labs, topic reviews, test preparation and testing. (Based on availability and student enrollment)
- Testing at Training Site -- Convenience is the key. You don't have to find and schedule your test with an authorized testing center. Calhoun is an authorized testing center and you can take the test as soon as you are ready. This feature may not be available at all locations. Please confirm with us if the location you selected has testing available.
Benefits of Certification
For IT professionals
, certification is a third party validation of your skills, that helps distinguish you from your peers. Beyond demonstrating a level of competency and proficiency, certification proves that you are committed to your cause and that you've invested the time and money to prove it. Holding a certification also makes you a more valuable employee, and often results in raises, promotions, and a better career.
, certifications identify the credentials that can be used to hire the right employee. Having certified employees also increases sales for the organization by proving to prospective clients that the organization has the skill
DoD Directive 8570 compliant
For Government agencies
know that their best line of defense for securing and protecting their vital information and information systems is a well-trained and aware user. That's why DoD Directive 8570.1 was put into place. This enterprise-wide mandate requires that any personnel conducting Information Assurance (IA) functions be trained and certified in a commercial certification on the concepts, principles, and applications to enhance protection of the Department of Defense's (DoD) information, information systems, and networks.
Cost and Hours
CompTIA Security+ Exam Prep Course - 7 week course
Course Code: CWS 696
Date: May 19, 2014 to July 7, 2014
Mondays and Wednesdays
6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Course Cost: $1295 (Includes Book and Voucher)
Location: Huntsville Campus - Room 225
Deadline to Register - May 5, 2014
For additional information, contact Dr. W. T. Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-890-4734.