Pre-Apprentice Lineworker Program
Upcoming 2017 Dates:
- September 6 - October 27, 2017 (September course is full)
Upcoming 2018 Dates:
- March 7 - April 27, 2018 (last day to register for this course is February 21, 2018)
Times: 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, 1 weekend may be required
Location: Decatur Campus, Aerospace Training Center
Requirements: Must have a high school dipoloma or GED; Must be 18 years of age.
About the Program
Calhoun Community College's Pre-Apprentice Lineworker Program was structured with input from the Tennessee Valley Public Power Association (TVPPA) Apprentice program, regional and statewide utilities, cooperatives, and electric contractors, along with best practices from other lineworker training programs. This program is offered regionally and is based on industry need and demand.
- 280 contact hours of classroom and field training
- Assessments: ACT WorkKeys/Career Readiness Certificate
- Soft Skills Training: Work Ethics, Positive Image, Effective Communications, Team Work, Problem Solving, & Embracing Change
- Technical Training: Lineworker Fitness, Electrical Fundamentals, Ratios & Proportions, AC Theory, Lineworker Tools, Measurements, Hardware, Basic Arithmetic/Math, Transformation/Voltage Ratios/Theory
- Certifications: OSHA 10-hour, First Aid/CPR Certification, Commercial Driver's License,
- Cost: The fee for the program is $3750.
- If you think you are eligible for state funding through WIOA or Youth Programs, you should visit your local Alabama Career Center.
- Students must bring DOT Physical-Long Form and Medical Card, Chain of Custody Drug Screen, MVR (driving record that is obtained from the Dept of Public Safety), Valid Driver’s License and Social Security Card the first day of class.
"The Pre-Apprentice Lineworker Training is an approved WIOA training program"