Student Services

Are you new to Calhoun and VA?

Are you new to Calhoun but continuing VA benefits?

VA Education Programs

Alabama GI Dependent Scholarship

Post 9/11 GI Bill Transferability

Other Important Links
Welcome to Calhoun Community College – veterans, national guard/reservists, and dependents/survivors are eligible for VA education benefits.

Students receiving VA education benefits must provide the VA Certifying Official with a list of registered classes each semester for continuation of monthly benefit payments. This can be done by completing the Certification Request for VA Benefits Form (Word document that may be completed on your computer and then printed out. If you don't have Microsoft Word, you may download this pdf version).

Veterans and National Guard/Reservists (Chapter 30, Chapter 1606 and Chapter 1607) must verify their enrollment on the last day of each month through WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment) website or by calling 877-823-2378.

For more information about VA benefits programs and assistance with completing the application for benefits contact:

Stephanie Works
Phone: 256-890-4790

**Post 9/11 Deadline Dates:  To ensure tuition coverage, please submit Certification Request form for Summer 2013 by April 30th and Fall 2013 by July 30th.