- The 2014-15 commencement ceremony will be held Friday, May 15, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. Due to the forecast of rain and thunderstorms, the graduation ceremony has been moved inside the Kelly Gymnasium. Seating is limited inside the gym; therefore ONLY guests with tickets will be permitted in the gym. Guests without tickets may view the ceremony, which will be televised on screens in the overflow rooms located in the Math/Science Building. In addition, the ceremony will be streamed live on Calhoun's website.
- Graduates who are walking should report to the Fine Arts building to pick up announcement card and line up for procession up by 5:00 p.m.
- Graduates may bring a small compact umbrella they can use for the procession from the Fine Arts building to the Gymnasium. You may store it underneath your chair at the ceremony.
Are you completing requirements soon? If you have completed 45 hours or more, you might be close to completing a two-year degree. To find out, please see an advisor now to apply for graduation. Summer and Fall 2015 graduates should apply now!
To have a degree posted to your transcript, a student must comply with formal procedures for graduation in accordance with the college policies as follows:
- Submit an Application for Graduation form to the Admissions/Records Office at least one semester prior to graduation.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to Calhoun Community College.
- Satisfy those requirements as stated in the current Calhoun Catalog.
- There is no fee to apply and have a degree posted to your transcript and you may select to have a diploma certificate mailed to your home free of charge as well.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I apply for graduation?
- Submit an Application for Graduation form (complete online survey) then print out application
- Mail form to Admissions; see advisor if need assistance completing form.
- Email status audit results will be sent generally within 6 weeks or less from time of submission..
When will my degree be posted?
- Once all requirements for the degree has been met, and all grades have been verified at the end of term. Allow approximately 4-6 weeks for degree to post after end of semester.
When will I receive my diploma
- Once your degree is posted to your transcript, please allow approximately 6-8 weeks after the end of term to receive your diploma certificate.
When is the graduation ceremony?
- The graduation ceremony is held once a year in May.
Is there a cost to participate in the ceremony?
I did not pass a class needed for graduation; am I allowed to walk?
Yes, grades will be verified after the ceremony and any needed courses may be taken the following term to earn your degree.
Official diplomas are mailed to your home address upon completion; only diploma covers are given at the ceremony.
My GPA is below a 2.0, can I graduate?
- An overall grade point average of 2.0 is required to earn your degree. We recommend you see an admissions staff member or advisor to discuss eligibility for course forgiveness or academic bankruptcy to help raise your GPA. Note: You may not bankrupt a course that is applying towards your degree.
- In addition, you are eligible to walk in the ceremony and complete your requirements the following term.
For questions regarding graduation application, please contact Felisha Taylor (256-306-2607, firstname.lastname@example.org)
For questions regarding graduation ceremony, please contact Carla Swinney (256-306-2870, email@example.com)