Are you completing requirements soon? If you have completed 45 hours or more, you might be close to completing a two-year degree.
To find out, please see an advisor now to apply for graduation. Spring & Upcoming Summer 2014 graduates should apply now!
The graduation ceremony is scheduled for Friday, May 16, 2014, at 6:00 p.m. on the front lawn of the Math/Science Building on the Decatur campus. In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony will be moved to the Kelley Gymnasium.
How do I participate in the graduation ceremony?
- You must be eligible to participate: You must have either earned your degree in summer or fall 2013 or have applied to graduate and are planning to complete requirements spring or summer 2014.
- Fill out a reservation form: Eligible students must fill out a reservation form at the bookstore on either Decatur or Huntsville campus. Reservations forms will become available March 3, 2014.
- Purchase cap and gown and regalia:
- Graduation regalia (caps/gowns-cost $37) will be available for purchase beginning March 3, 2014, until May 1, 2014, at the Calhoun Bookstore at either campus. Please purchase as soon as possible because sizes may become limited closer to the ceremony date.
- If you are a member of Phi Theta Kappa or Sigma Kappa Delta, regalia for these honor societies will be available for purchase through your sponsor or organization’s website.
- Invitations may be ordered through either location of the Calhoun Bookstore. Custom invitations and class ring orders must be placed through the Jostens website (www.jostens.com) NO LATER THAN APRIL 30, 2014.
- Follow instructions given to you at bookstore and show up day of ceremony.
How do I apply for graduation?
To have a degree posted to your transcript, a student must comply with formal procedures for graduation in accordance with the college policies as follows:
- Submit an Application for Graduation form to the Admissions/Records Office at least one semester prior to graduation.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to Calhoun Community College.
- Satisfy those requirements as stated in the current Calhoun Catalog.
- There is no fee to apply and have a degree posted to your transcript. However, in order to receive a diploma, a $20 diploma fee will be charged to your MyCalhoun student account and must be paid.
For questions regarding graduation application, please contact Felisha Taylor (256-306-2607, email@example.com)
For questions regarding graduation ceremony, please contact Carla Swinney (256-306-2870, firstname.lastname@example.org)