Student Disability Services/ADA
Persons with Disabilities
Calhoun Community College provides environmental and programmatic access for persons with documented disabilities as defined in Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and/or the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment of 2008. Any student who desires information about or assistance with needed services for a disability such as classroom accommodations, physical access to facilities or programs, adaptive equipment, or other off- or on-campus resources should contact our office for additional information.
Our office is located at the Decatur Campus on the second floor of the Chasteen Student Center in room 220 which is across lobby from the Financial Aid Office. Office hours are 7:45 a.m. - 5:15 p.m. (M-Th); 7:45 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. (F). Our Huntsville office is open 9:00a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (M-Th) and by appointment only on Fridays. It is located in room 313 behind the Student Center.
- Federal Aid (www.fafsa.gov)
- Open The Door Opportunity (www.gettinghired.com)
- Affordable Colleges Online: A college guide for students with disabilities
- The College Scholarship Guide
- Scholarship Guidance: A list of scholarships available from outside sources
- ADA Live Radio
- Off-Campus Resources for Students