New Protections Under the Law
Campus SaVE Act at Calhoun Community College
- Offenses against national Origin
- Offenses against gender identity
- These categories cover the commission of a hate crime, based on whether the individual was victimized because of their status or because of their perceived status.
- Offenses of domestic violence: offenses against a current or former spouse or cohabitant
- Offenses of dating violence: violence against a person in a romantic or Intimate relationship.
- Offenses against stalking: conduct that would cause a reasonable person to fear for their or other’s safety or behavior that causes substantial emotional distress