TEAS-V Entrance Exam for Nursing Applicants
(see "How to Register for the TEAS test
- Students are not allowed to change TEAS-V testing dates.
- TEAS-V Test Dates: For more information and to register please visit atitesting.com .
- Contact the Testing Center, 256-306-2522, regarding additional questions on TEAS-V test dates.
The Test of Essential Academic Skills Version Five (TEAS-V) measures basic essential skills in the academic content area of reading, mathematics, science, English and language usage. Applicants must create an account at www.atitesting.com
to register to take schedule date for testing.
Guidelines for TEAS-V Testing
Total time available to test – 209 minutes (3 hours and 29 minutes)Four Option Multiple- choice; Number of Test Questions – 170
- Reading – 58 minutes / 48 questions
- Math – 51 minutes / 34 questions
- Science – 66 minutes / 54 questions
- English & Language–34 minutes/34 questions
All four components of the TEAS-V are required for admission to the Nursing program.
Preparing for the TEAS-V
Study manuals for the Test of Essential Academic Skills Version Five (TEAS-V) are available for purchase at Calhoun Community College Bookstore, Amazon.com, or online from ATI for an approximate cost of $40.00.
Both Calhoun Decatur and Huntsville campus libraries have copies of the TEAS Study Guide. The Huntsville campus has 4 copies and the Decatur campus has 2 copies. Each library has 1 copy that is on reserve and remains available for study within the library at all times.
Exam Ave is a new vendor providing an on-line course and study guide to help prepare students to take the TEAS placement exam. The innovative course is designed to help you learn test content and help ensure you score your highest. While the Calhoun Community College Nursing Department does not necessarily endorse the course, we are providing this link to you as another option in preparing for the TEAS exam. Exam Ave's Online Tutor
The following items are available for purchase at www.atitesting.com
- TEAS Pre-Test Study Manual
- TEAS Online Practice Assessments
- TEAS Transcripts
The Adjusted Individual
percentage score is utilized in calculating the nurse entry admission process. If the Adjusted Individual Score is 94%= 94 points
. There is no minimum score required on the TEAS-V but a higher score produces a higher point total for nursing entry. The TEAS-V testing/scheduling fee is $64.
This fee must be paid in advance online
by debit or credit card at www.atitesting.com
Taking the TEAS-V
- Arrive 30 minutes early to the test site
- Present two forms of ID (One must be government issued picture ID, i.e., Driver's License or Passport)
- Provide ATI Username and Password ( www.atitesting.com – assigned when registering/paying for exam)
- No calculators allowed
- Schedule four hours to complete the exam
- Late arrivals will not be allowed to test and therefore, will forfeit his/her testing fee
Proof of TEAS-V Score must be attached to nursing application.
- ATI assesses a $20.00 fee to transfer a TEAS-V score to a location other than your original test site.
- Missed exams are non-refundable.
- TEAS-V is good for three years.
- TEAS-V may be taken twice in a semester period. The student must wait at least six-weeks between taking each test.