Welcome and thank you for your interest in our nursing programs. Below you will find links to information for each of our nursing programs. Please contact the nursing department by phone (256-306-2794) with any questions about these programs. The Nursing Department is located on the Decatur Campus in the Health Sciences Center (click here to see campus maps
) and is comprised of both the Associate Degree Nursing and Practical Nursing programs. The office hours are Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. on Fridays.
Am I ready to be a nursing student?
Attend an Advising Workshop for Nursing Applicants...find out more!
to take this short self-assessment to help you gauge your readiness for education in nursing.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY FOR SPRING 2015
Read all instructions prior to starting the online application. Do not open the online link until you are ready to complete your application. You are only allowed one opportunity to open the link to complete the application.
To complete the online nursing application:
1. Read the Minimum Application Requirements.
2. Be “unconditionally accepted” to Calhoun Community College.
3. Have a valid Calhoun Community College student ID number (‘C number’)
4. Have a current TEAS-V score (within the last 3 years).
NOTE: For more information and to schedule a test date, register online at atitesting.com. The Calhoun Community College Testing Center administers and schedules the test.
5. Have this information ready to enter on the online application:
a) Valid Calhoun student ID number.
b) Name, address, home phone, cell phone, email address
c) List of colleges and dates attended
d) Valid TEAS-V score; date of TEAS-V test
e) Grades for completed courses in BIO201, BIO202, and BIO220
6. Print the Checklist at the end of the online application and follow directions for submission to the Nursing Department:
a) Attach a copy of your TEAS-V score
b) Attach an unofficial transcript from every college you have attended (example: if you attended 3 colleges, attach 3 separate transcripts.)
OR if you have no college credit, attach unofficial high school transcript
c) Sign your Essential Functions of Nursing
7. The application link will close September 18, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
8. Application decisions will be mailed within 6 weeks after the application deadline.
SPRING 2015 APPLICATION - CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Nursing programs have the full approval of the Alabama Board of Nursing and are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN). Accreditation information regarding the nursing program may be obtained from the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc., 3343 Peachtree Rd. NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326. Telephone: 404-975-5000.