Participation in the Cooperative Education Program is open to Businessstudents who are currently enrolled in Calhoun, have an overall 2.5 grade point average, and have completed at least one full semester (12 semester hours) at Calhoun.
Students who wish to be considered for the Business Cooperative Education Program should complete each of the following steps:
- Prepare a resumé and send it electronically as an e-mail attachment to the Co-op Coordinator (e-mail below).
- Be recommended by an instructor, preferably in your major (follow directions on the Instructor Recommendation Form ). Be sure that the recommendation has been sent to the Co-op Coordinator before you schedule a meeting.
- Complete the Application Form , and bring it with you when you meet with the Co-op Coordinator.
- Complete the Transcript Release Form, and bring it with you when you meet with the Co-op Coordinator.
- Contact the Cooperative Education Office for an appointment. Bring the Application Form and the Transcript Release Form with you to the meeting. (Be sure to verify your GPA before calling for an appointment.)
If you are interested in hiring a co-op student, please complete the online Job Posting
form and submit. Calhoun's Co-op Coordinator will contact you with student resumes. Students will not apply directly to your company.
For additional information, please contact Diane Peck at 256-306-2515 or Ldp@calhoun.edu