Part-time Non-Credit Trainers
In addition to the wide range of traditional and credit courses that are offered, Calhoun is committed to providing a wide range of technical and professional short-term training for the business and industry sector as well as non-credit community education and adult literacy courses to our community.
Applicants must have the following minimum qualifications to teach training courses:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- A high school diploma or GED is required, however, specific minimum qualifications will depend on the type and topic of the training which may require Bachelor or Masters level credentials.
- Training or work experience in the assigned program is required. For example, training certifications may be required to deliver specialized training in areas such as workforce testing and assessments (WorkKeys), quality (ASQ), safety (OSHA), technical (AWS, NCCER) computer hardware/software (Microsoft, CISCO, CompTIA), and supervisor/leadership (DDI, GCC).
Work Hours: Vary dependent upon needs of client
- Provide competent instruction in the area of credentialed expertise.
- Continue as competent instructor in the chosen specialty by seeking new knowledge, improving teaching skills, and updating professional competencies.
- Facilitate student learning utilizing a variety of learning options to meet individual student needs and differing learning styles.
- Prepare customized course outlines, develop course content and teaching materials based on company or department needs.
- Design each course and deliver instruction to ensure an effective learning experience.
- Incorporate most current teaching techniques, subject area developments, and technology into the learning experience.
- Provide for effective evaluation and assessment of the learning experience in accordance with College policy.
- Maintain necessary attendance and scholastic records and submit them according to department deadlines.
- Evaluate and record student performance/achievement in a timely manner and provide prompt feedback to students.
- Promote positive and productive relationships with service area businesses, industries, and agencies.
- Provide advice to the administration on matters pertaining to the instructional program.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills; both written and oral; and work ethic (i.e., preparation and punctuality)
Dependent upon the type of training and related skills, certifications, licenses, and the requested specialized business and industry expertise for the contracted services.
Application Procedure :
Submit to the Office of Human Resources the following:
- a completed Calhoun Community College employment application form;
- current resume;
- copies of related certifications and licenses; and,
- official transcripts from each college attended mailed directly to the Office of Human Resources.
Application materials should be returned to:
Office of Human Resources
Calhoun Community College
PO Box 2216
Decatur, AL 35609-2216
Applications may also be brought to the Human Resources Office (3rd floor, room 360) in the Math, Science, and Administration Building on the Decatur campus.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit a non-refundable payment for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check.
Calhoun Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education, including postsecondary institutions under the control of the State Board of Education, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, handicap, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Calhoun Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Calhoun Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097: Telephone number 404-670-4501) to award Associate Degrees and Certificates.
Effective August 16, 2010, Calhoun Community College is a completely Tobacco-free college (see complete policy).