Technical Requirements for Distance Learning at Calhoun
- All students taking a distance learning (DL) class should review the instructions and requirements posted on Blackboard
- Hybrid and online courses require basic computer literacy.
- Computer requirements for hybrid and online classes include:
- Minimum of 1 GB memory /recommended: 2 GB memory
- Reliable Internet connection - cable, broadband, or DSL (NOT wireless)
- Microsoft Office: Minimum of 2007 with plug-ins such as file format converters available from Microsoft.com /recommended: Office 2010.
- Please review the full list of technical requirements.
- Students are responsible for confirming that their web browser is properly configured by the first day of class by going to Blackboard and following the directions for browser checks and system plug-ins. These are located at the bottom of the page.
- Information necessary for successful course completion is provided through the course information/orientation session.
- Technical questions can be addressed to Calhoun's IT Help Desk: 256-306-2700 (Option 1) or email@example.com. Hours: 7:45 a.m.-5:15 p.m., Monday – Thursday, 7:45-11:45 Friday.
: Calhoun Community College utilizes the Blackboard Academic Suite as its official platform for online course delivery. Blackboard is a learning management system designed to enhance the learning experience and promote collaborative engagement throughout students' educational career at the college. All online and most hybrid courses require students to use Bb on a regular basis throughout the semester. Bb is also often used as a component in traditional courses.
: Tegrity is an audio/video component used in many online and hybrid classes. Class sessions/lectures recorded in Tegrity allow playback in part or whole.