COMPASS PLACEMENT TESTING
TIPS & STUDY GUIDES
Refreshing your skills and studying for the COMPASS Placement Exam is important. Though the test is not a pass or fail exam, your score determines which courses you will take your first few semesters at Calhoun.
Before you take your test:
- Study basic math and English concepts. For extra help, visit these sites:
- View a sneak peek at the computerized COMPASS test
- Get some rest the day before you test.
Day of your test:
- Dress in layers. The COMPASS room can be cold for some testers. You don't want that to distract you.
- Come early.
- Don't rush through. If you don't finish your exam or if you get tired, you are able to stop your test and come back at a later date to finish.
After your test:
- Allow time after your test to meet with an advisor. They can explain your scores and provide recommendations for courses.