Enrollment/Registration Steps for Transient Students

Taking a break from your regular college or university this summer and want to get in a couple extra credits? Here are the steps to attend Calhoun before returning to your regular institution in the fall.

Students who would like to request accommodations on the basis of disability should contact Disability Services at (256) 306-2630 or
1. Apply for Admission. Also visit the Admissions page for other useful information.
2.  Submit identification to Admissions (the admissions office must receive identification documentation for admission. This link will detail the acceptable forms of identification according to State Policy.)
3.  Submit your transient letter to the Admissions office with the approved courses listed and the appropriate signatures from your transfer institution.
Once your form has been received by the Admissions office, you will be granted access to register for your approved courses using myCalhoun.
4.  A myCalhoun C-number and password will be mailed to you from the Admissions office. You will be able to register, print your class schedule, pay your tuition online, etc. through myCalhoun  (Click here to see How to Register on My Calhoun). Your myCalhoun user id and password cannot be given to you over the phone. However, it can be emailed to the address we have on file, if you have forgotten or misplaced your number.
5.  Get parking decal (decals are available at the switchboard on the Decatur campus and the Business Office on the Huntsville campus)
6.  Purchase books (visit the Bookstore site)
7.  Go to classes! You may find it helpful to visit our Phone/E-mail Directory . There you may look for contact information by department/area or you can go to an alphabetical listing if you know the person's name that you need to contact.