Acceptable Forms of Identification
State Policy 801.01: Admission: General
According to State Board Policy 801.01: Admission; All new/readmission students must provide one Primary Form of Documentation for Admission to Alabama Community Colleges. All International Students must provide an acceptable VISA.
Registration for classes will not be allowed until the Admissions Office has received appropriate documentation. Documentation must be submitted in person to the admissions office -OR- a copy along with the signature page may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of Acceptable Identification:
- Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
- Unexpired Alabama identification card
- Unexpired U.S. Passport
- Unexpired U.S. Permanent Resident Card
- Resident Alien Card-Pre-1997
- Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or possession that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
- U.S. Alien Registration Card (Form I0151) prior to 1978
- BIA or tribal identification card with photo
- I-797 Form with expiration date
- Voter identification card from a state that verifies lawful presence
Additional forms of documentation may be acceptable. For more information or questions please contact the admissions office at (256) 306-2500 or 890-4700 or email@example.com.