- About Calhoun
- Campus Maps
- Business and Finance
- Development/ Foundation
- Planning, Research & Grants Administration
- Public Relations
- News and Announcements
- Our Publications
- Calhoun Educational Television
- President's Welcome
- Our History at a Glance
- SACSCOC/ Accreditation
- Mission, Values & Vision
- Achieving the Dream
- Calhoun Fast Facts
- Calhoun Theatre
- Center for the Study of Southern Political Culture
- Crime Statistics
- Alumni Testimonials
- ADA/Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educational Institution
- Website Disclaimer and Privacy
- Tobacco Free Campus
- Business & CIS Programs
- Cooperative Education
- Health Programs
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Campus Lab Hours & Information
- Child Development Program
- Alphabetical Listing of Programs
- Criminal Justice
- Weekend Degree Program
- Graduation Information
- Alabama F.A.M.E. AMT Program
- Student Resources
- Student Complaint Process
- Calhoun Admissions
- Advising Centers
- Career Services
- Financial Aid
- Distance Learning
- Services for Persons with Disabilities
- Service Learning Program
- Student Affairs Staff
- Consumer Information
- Starfish Program
- Campus Bookstores
- Campus Mail
- Student ID Card System
- Campus Tours
- Services for Special Student Populations
- Wellness Center
- Student Advocate Office
- Student Success Symposium
- Student Right-to-Know
- Proctored Exams
- Calhoun Cupboard
- Co-op Program
- Workforce Development
Clinical Lab Technician
Clinical Laboratory Technician (CLT/MLT) Program
The CLT program offers an Associate in Applied Science degree from Calhoun Community College which prepares graduates for eligibility for National Certification Examination in Medical Laboratory Science (MLT/CLT).
The Calhoun CLT/MLT program has been accredited by NAACLS since 2010.
NAACLS (National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences)
5600 N. River Rd. Suite 720
Rosemont, IL 60018-5119847.939.3597
WHAT IS A CLT (Clinical Laboratory Technician)?
The clinical laboratory professional is qualified by academic and applied science education to provide service and research in clinical laboratory science and related areas in rapidly changing and dynamic healthcare delivery systems.
MLT/CLT professionals perform, evaluate, correlate, and assure accuracy and validity of laboratory information; direct clinical lab resources and operations; and collaborate in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
MLT/CLT professionals practice independently and collaboratively; possess excellent oral communication skills to engage in consultative interactions with members of the healthcare team, customer service and patient education; and demonstrate ethical and moral attitudes and principles that are necessary for gaining and maintaining the confidence of patients, professional associates and the community.
The ability to relate to people, a capacity for calm and reasoned judgment, and a demonstration of commitment to the patient are essential qualities.
CLT STUDENT HANDBOOK 2015
Contains current policies and procedures. Each new cohort will be given an updated Handbook.
CLT PROGRAM Outcome Measures 2015
Data tallied from the most recent past 3 years. Calhoun is proud to announce 100% national certification PASS RATEs for the past 3 consecutive graduating classes!
National Certification agencies accepted in the local area:
Minimum admission standards for Clinical Laboratory Technology Program include:
- Unconditional admission to the college
- Good standing with college.
- A minimum GPA of 2.00 on college work
- Receipt of completed application for Clinical Lab Technology Program by deadline listed on current application.
- Submission of sealed Professional Evaluation Reference form received separately from non-related person by deadline.
- Meeting the essential functions required for CLT.