- About Calhoun
- President's Welcome
- Mission, Values & Vision
- Our History at a Glance
- Calhoun Fast Facts
- Campus Maps
- Achieving the Dream
- Quality Enhancement Plan
- Business and Finance
- Institutional Advancement
- Planning, Research & Grants Administration
- Public Relations
- News and Announcements
- Our Publications
- Calhoun Educational Television
- Calhoun Theatre
- Center for the Study of Southern Political Culture
- Crime Statistics
- Alumni Testimonials
- ADA/Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educational Institution
- Website Disclaimer and Privacy
- Tobacco Free Campus
- ACCS Formal Complaint Process
- Alphabetical Listing of Programs
- Business & CIS Programs
- Child Development Program
- Cooperative Education
- Criminal Justice
- F.A.M.E. AMT Program
- Health Programs
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Campus Lab Hours & Information
- Weekend Degree Program
- Graduation Information
- College Syllabus
- Dual Enrollment
- Calhoun Honors Program
- Student Resources
- Advising Centers
- Calhoun Cupboard
- Campus Email
- Campus Tours
- Co-op Program
- Career Services
- Consumer Information
- Distance Learning
- Financial Aid
- Food Service
- Proctored Exams
- Service Learning Program
- Services for Persons with Disabilities & Special Student Populations
- Starfish Program
- Student Advocate Office
- Student Complaint Process
- Student Right-to-Know
- Student Services Staff
- Student Success Symposium
- Student ID Card
- Wellness Center
- Workforce Development
How do I apply for Graduation?
- Login into MyCalhoun and select Student Records. Click on Apply to Graduate and fill in the online application.
- Upcoming graduates should submit their application at least one semester prior to graduation * see priority review dates above.
- Don’t have access to MyCalhoun? Submit an Application for Graduation form to the Office of Admissions via mail or in person.
- Mail form to Admissions or submit on campus; see advisor if need assistance completing form.
- You will receive an email of audit results generally within 6-8 weeks from time of submission.
- See above in "How do I apply for Graduation?"
- Diploma Replacement Form (must submit with $25 fee)
Frequently Asked Questions:
When will my degree be posted?
- Once all requirements for the degree has been met, and all grades have been verified at the end of term. Allow approximately 6-8 weeks for degree to post after end of semester.
When will I receive my diploma
- If you chose to have a diploma mailed and have paid your $20 fee, once your degree is posted to your transcript, in approximately 8-10 weeks after the end of term, you will receive your diploma certificate in the mail at the address on your graduation application.
When is the graduation ceremony?
- The graduation ceremony is held once a year in May. This year, the ceremony will be Friday, May 13, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.
Is there a cost to participate in the ceremony?
- All graduate candidates walking in the ceremony are required to fill out a reservation form and purchase graduation packet (cap, gown, diploma cover, etc.) approx. $50.
I did not pass a class needed for graduation; am I allowed to walk?
- Yes, grades will be verified after the ceremony and any needed courses may be taken the following term to earn your degree.
My GPA is below a 2.0, can I graduate?
- An overall grade point average of 2.0 is required to earn your degree. We recommend you see an admissions staff member or advisor to discuss eligibility for course forgiveness or academic bankruptcy to help raise your GPA. Note: You may not bankrupt a course that is applying towards your degree.
- In addition, you are eligible to walk in the ceremony and complete your requirements the following term.
For questions regarding graduation application, please contact Felisha Taylor (256-306-2607, firstname.lastname@example.org)
For questions regarding graduation ceremony, please contact Carla Swinney (256-306-2870, email@example.com)