Computer Information Systems
The degrees and certificates offered by the Computer Information Systems department provide students with the technical skills necessary to compete in today's high tech world.
- Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees - Our A.A.S. degrees prepare students for entry-level positions in computer hardware repair, networking, computer programming, cybersecurity, office management (new track--see brochure) or software applications.
- Associate of Science in Computer Science degree - Our A.S. program is designed for students that will be transferring to a four-year institution for a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field.
- Certificates - Certificates consist of 3 or more courses in a focused area of study and are popular with people seeking to change careers or to update their skill set.
- Cisco Preparation Certificate - Prepares students for the CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) certification exam series.
- Computer Technician Preparation Certificate - Prepares students for the CompTia© A+ certification.
- E-Commerce Certificate - Prepares students to build and maintain e-commerce website using Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop and other tools.
- Information Assurance & Cybersecurity Certificate - Students will learn to identify, investigate and combat network intrusions. Prepares students for certifications such as Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI).
- Software Applications Certificate - Prepares students for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification exams.
Calhoun is a Microsoft certified training center, offering classes and an entire certificate focusing on Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) preparation.
Calhoun is a Cisco Regional Academy offering a variety of student and instructor training. As part of the Cisco academy we offer CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNA-Wireless and IT Essential curriculums. Please contact Cynthia Buchheit (256-306-2675) for more information.